Friday, June 04, 2010

Memorial


Memorial weekend always makes me miss Table Rock Lake. I miss hanging out with all of our Missouri friends and sitting on the boat all.weekend.long. I also particularly miss the abundance of Budweiser bikinis here in NYC. It could be because there is not a body of water within a 5-mile radius of my apartment and my Hampton's house is currently on the fritz. In any case, we had ourselves a nice little “staycatation” as well, everyone likes to say.

Saturday we took New Jersey’s finest mode of public transportation to Monmouth Park for a picnic with friends. They have nice umbrellas and tables and you can bring your own wine, beer and whatever else floats your boat. I’ve quickly established this as my second home. Momma did not come back with a new pair of shoes but after two bottles of wine, we met new BFFs on the train who were on their way to a Bon Jovi concert and happy to share their Bush Tall Boys with us.

Sunday was self-proclaimed “pizza tour” where we decided to finally try three of the places that have been tacked to our bulletin board. Keste, Motorino and Volce. We shopped around and took our time between each place, but these two little piggies had no problem polishing off two whole pies and a Sicilian slice. This tour was long overdue.

No comments: