Monday, November 08, 2010

L.A.




I went to LA last month to see my little bro. To New Yorkers, LA is the nemesis but there's very little in common between the two places. For one: Everyone in LA drives in the world's most insane traffic yet seem to have no stress whatsoever. Secondly: Everyone in LA smokes Capris - the smallest cigarette known to man.

I'll always be partial to the East Coast after living in San Francisco, but had only been to LA a handful of times, including business trips. I was ready to immerse myself in all-things-LA and this mean busting out my flippy-floppys and getting a spray tan. Just kidding about the spray tan.

Austin picked me up from the airport and planned an awesome day of bike riding around Santa Monia and Venice, shopping, sushi and drinks at a rooftop bar to watch the sunset over the beach before karaoke. It's hard to be hatin' this life. I was meeting my Bay Area Bestie, Diana, and we were going to make it a weekend at The Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills. This place was fantastic. Very mod with an awesome pool/cabana area. D met me that night for dinner at Bazaar (this place was total LA) and then to an early rise for our class at Slimmons. We frantically search for an outfit for our Richard Simmons debut and arrived at his studio in time to sweat. Richard is one-part adorable and one-part insane. His class could only be summed up as a day at gay camp with Richard being the camp counselor who had outfit changes between songs. D and I were overjoyed to get pictures and kisses from Richie at the end of the (exaustingly long) class.

We finished the weekend with drinks by the pool on Sat, dinner at Test Kitchen (so good) followed by dancing with our gays. This was the perfect girl/brother weekend and I'm stoked (cali shop talk) to get back asap

No comments: